Monday 9 September 2013

So, I've never really been great academically. I mean sure, I'm not at the bottom either, but performing academically has never really been my strong point. Sure I can get credits, but being surrounded by people who excel academically who get high distinctions and distinctions effortlessly and all the time, I guess it's just like being slapped in the face. I've always hated take home assessments just because you never know where people get help from, but with quizzes and tests, you either know it or you don't. And what I've found really annoying is that what I feel that I excel at is being social, having emotional intelligence. I feel as these aspects aren't really talked about in our society. It's always "Oh what mark did you get?" I just feel like I've always been a B grade when it comes to academia, but I want to be more than that. I was talking to my mum about how I think being a "good person" is so under rated especially during high school. I mean my parents were never really disappointed in me, I guess they kind of always knew books were never really strong point. I've been told on numerous occasions I can conduct myself really well in social atmospheres, I know how to make people feel comfortable. But no one's going to assess you on that. Going to get a degree is all about how you perform academically and it really sucks. In fact, I don't really think I'm particularly good at anything. That's why I really want to get this, because it shows that I'm actually good at something. People want to work with me because I have some sort of talent. I'm so enthusiastic and optimistic, I'm motivated and I feel that grades just dictate a lot where you can go in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment